1) Greene Co, Arkansas Marriage Index, Andis: John William Andis (1872-1952) and his wife, Frances M (Killion) Andis (1873-1952) made their home in Greene Co, AR. We believe the entries below descend from their son Fred Cecil Andis. John is the son of Abraham Fleenor Andis (1848-1924) and Malissa J (Vorris) Andis (1853-1891), who settled in the Martin Co, Indiana area.
2) Paragould, Arkansas obituary: Rev Hershel Wiseman (13 Oct 1954-28 May 2009; son of Ervin and Thelma Rogers Wiseman). Listed among the survivors are his wife Shirley Wiseman and Bobby Andis.
1) Adams County, Colorado: Death of Justin Edgar Andis - Aug 13, 1979 Northglenn, Adams, CO - Oct 29, 1989 Conejos Co, CO. Justin was in the fourth grade in Sanford, Colorado; father was Ray Andis; sister Loretta Andis. Justin is buried in Powderhorn Family Cemetery, Gunnison Co, CO.
2) Logan County, Colorado: Riverside Cemetery, Sterling, Logan County - Billy Lee Andis - Jul 30, 1974 - Aug 05, 1974.
1) Bear Lake County, Idaho: Marriage of William M Andis and Alice Manhart - 25 Dec 1890. We believe this could possibly be William Marshall Andis, found here.
1) Mt. Auburn Cemetery, Christian Co, Illinois: Andes, Marjorie 1912-1964. Some of the descendants of Henry Andis (c. 1815-1895) and Mary (Napier) Andis (born c. 1815) settled in this area. Marjorie is most likely connected to Wiley Parker Andis (1858-1939) and his wife, Mary Catherine (Raisner) Andis (1859-1910 to 1920). Wiley is Henry and Mary's son.
2) Effingham, Illinois: Elijah Andis married Sarah Bledsoe on January 26, 1889 in Union Township, Effingham Co, IL. Elijah was a farmer living in Jackson Township and was 38 years old (born c. 1851 IN). His parents are listed as William Andes and Sarah Andrews. Elijah was first married to Martha A Walls in Clark Co, IL on April 18, 1873. Martha is likely the daughter of Nehemiah Walls, and sister to Mary Jane Walls (born c. 1856), who married James Andis (c. 1847-1882) in Clark Co, Illinois. This was also Sarah Bledsoe's second marriage. She was living in Union Twp, and was 25 years of age, born Kentucky, with no other information.
An Ancestry Tree shows: Sarah's name was Sarah Jane Owens (1865-1943); daughter of Marshall Owens; married to Martin Bledsaw on 07 Feb 1879 Lawrence Co, IN - had 5 children; married to Elijah Andis 26 Jan 1890 Effingham Co, IL - no children listed; married to Peter Cotton 06 Dec 1894 Effingham Co, IL - had 4 children; and then Charles Cotton (Peter's son). She is buried Mt Gilead Cemetery, near Decatur, Macon Co, IL. This information appears to be very well researched, with a death certificate, obituary and tombstone. The tombstone includes Charles A Cotton and Sarah J Cotton (20 Jun 1865 KY-23 Jun 1943 IL).
There is also a birth in Clark Co, IL to Elijah Andis and Martha Walls: Andis, male, 27 Oct 1880.
The 1880 Federal census is the only place we find Elijah (spelled Eliga), and he is with his wife, Anna and children, Jane and Edward. The census states he was born c. 1851 Indiana.
3) Morgan Co, Illinois: George Lee married Mary Andis 23 Feb 1835.
4) Christian Co, Illinois: Bassini M Darsh (age 23) married Miss Marie L Andes (age 22) September 25, 1894. Of the Andis families that we can place in Christian, Co, IL, this could possibly be a daughter of Abel Andis (1838-1892) and Nancy (Juell) Andis (1840-). It would be the right time frame for their children, and we do have two unknown children born during that approximate period of time to Abel and Nancy.
5) Effingham Co, Illinois: Peter Cotton of Watson, 58, born IN, son of Peter Cotton and Susan Neurit (2nd marriage) and Sarah (Older) Andis of Jackson Twp, 39, born KY, daughter of Benjamin Older and Elizabeth Neower (3rd marriage) at the Andis residence on 06 Dec 1894 by A H Pitkin, JP, witnessed by A J Walles and Ed W Wendever.
6) Effingham Co, Illinois: Eber J Reynolds of St Elmo, 22, son of J J Reynolds and Mary C Andes (1st marriage) and Lucenda A Quinby, St Elmo, 19, daughter of B Quinby and Margaretha Miller (1st marriage) on 02 Sep 1909 by J G Harmon, witnessed by Mrs J G Harmon and J G Harmon.
7) Effingham Co, Illinois: George D Nevills and Martha Ann Andis on 08 Nov 1886.
8) Clark Co, Illinois: Mackey Cemetery, Wabash Twp, section 27 - Andis infant, s/o W & J, died 12 Nov 1879.
9) Clark Co, Illinois:
Darwin Cemetery, Darwin:
a) Antis, Eugene H s/o J & E, died 20 Jan 1870; 9 y, 8 m, 13 d
b) Antis, Franklin G s/o J & E, died 20 Jan 1870; 12 y, 3 m, 7 d
c) Antis, J died 17 Nov 1869; 42 y, 6 m, 28 d
10) Edgar Co, Illinois: Edgar County Cemetery, Paris, IL: 1) Andis infant, 08 Aug 1914; lot 18. 2) George W Andres, 03 Apr 1911, age 70; lot 763.
11) Edgar Co, Illinois: Edgar County Deaths: Smith, John A (born 1863 TN; died 1932 Young America Twp; son of John R Smith and Margaret Andis of TN.
12) Edgar Co, Illinois: Edgar Cemetery, Paris: unknown infant Andis (possibly Margaret Louis Andis, daughter of William Andrew Andis and Lena (Miller) Andis, who was born 1913 and died 1914 in Edgar Co).
1) Indiana divorce: Helen Andis married Alfred E Grote, whom she divorced c. 17 Dec 1982 Indiana.
2) Greenfield, Hancock, Indiana death: Rebecca J. Marks married Robert E Andis, Jr. She died December 1, 2005 in Greenfield, IN with her husband surviving. Her parents were Norvell and Jean Frances Roberts Marks. Note: May be related to the Earl Andis and Zelda Gambrel family.
3) Vanderburgh County, Indiana birth records: George Gale Andis (father: A J Andis; mother: R Roid)
4) Anderson, Madison Co, Indiana: Obituary for Lou Anna (Eads) Andis - born 21 Oct 1920 Bell Co, KY; died 14 Jun 2006; survived by sons Arnold Wayne Hubbs and Charles Curtis Floyd; predeceased by husband Leslie Charles Floyd; buried South Mound Cemetery, New Castle, IN (includes photo).
5) Shelbyville, Shelby, Indiana: Obituary for James G Westerfield, widower of Marcia Andis. James was born 02 Nov 1917 Morristown, Shelby IN; died 30 Apr 2005 Sun City, Maricopa, AZ; son of J Glen and Sarah (Miller) Westerfield; buried Asbury Cemetery, Morristown, Shelby, IN.
6) Shelby County, Indiana: Burial in Forest Hill Cemetery, Shelbyville - Mary (Andis) Dorton (11 Aug 1931 - 02 Jul 1998 - unmarked).
7) Posey County, Indiana: Marriage for Otha Andis and William Wagner - 27 Aug 1915; parents are John Andis (born OK, whereabouts unknown) and Maggie Hedgepeth (born TN, living in Drakesburgh, Muhlenburg, KY); Otha was previously married and divorced 1911 in Muhlenburg Co., KY.
8) Marion County, Indiana: Marriage for Thelma G Andis to William G Brower; Thelma born 17 Oct 1895 Brookville, IN as Thelma G Wolfe, daughter of Perry and Lura (Davis) Wolfe; Thelma was divorced from unknown Andis 1921 in Shelbyville, IN.
9) Greene Co, Indiana marriages: Sherman Andis to Joan LaRoche; Sherman is likely the child of Dwight Leon Andis.
10) Hancock Co, Indiana death: Alder Fugett of Fortville died 27 Aug 2009; survivors include daughter Rita (Mrs Jim) Andis of Economy and grandchildren/great grandchildren James Andis Jr, Chris Andis, Joshua Andis, Trevor Andis and Jared Andis. Alder was buried in Gravel Lawn Cemetery, Fortville, IN.
11) Madison Co, Indiana death: Martha N Short (born 21 Aug 1948 St Charles, Lee, VA; died 20 Jul 2009 Alexandria, Madison, IN; buried Starr Cemetery, Alexandria, IN; daughter of John H Rasnick and Della Cox). Martha's survivors include her sister Mary (husband Jerry) Andis.
12) Marion Co, Indiana death: Sally Marie "Jarrett Bryant, formerly of Mitchell, IN (05 Feb 1965 Bedford, IN-13 Sep 1999 Indianapolis, IN; daughter of Benjamin and Cathy (Swider) Jarrett; married to William Gene Bryant III). Among the survivors listed is a sister, Julie Crystal Andis of Oolitic, IN. She is likely connected to the Opher and Rosa Andis line.
13) Marion Co, Indiana death: David Turner (10 Jun 1963-21 Sep 2010) in Indianapolis. Survivors include a daughter Amanda R Andis of Indianapolis.
14) Marion Co, Indiana: Central State Hospital Cemetery, Indianapolis: Elizabeth Andis (unknown date of birth - Apr. 27, 1942).
15) Jay Co, Indiana: Hillcrest Cemetery, Redkey: Carl Andis (Oct 5, 1896 - Aug 21, 1958).
16) Madison Co, Indiana: Death of Ruth M (Benson) Beckley on 08 Feb 2011 in Alexandria, IN. Her obituary lists daughter Mary K Andis as preceding her in death.
17) Johnson Co, Indiana: Marriage license (Dec 2011) to Michael Ted Andis and Marcia Gail Anderson, both of Whiteland, IN.
1) Neosho Co, Kansas: We have a marriage for Mary E Andis (born 1856) and G W Mcconnell (born 1839) on 01 Jan 1873 at Osage Mission, KS.
1) Henderson County, Kentucky:
1) Joann Andis - Gender: Female; Race: White; Age: 41; Estimated birth year: 1951; Marriage Date: 14 Feb 1992; Marital Status: Last marriage ended by annulment; Residence County after Married: Henderson; Spouse: John P Chubb; Spouse Age: 42; Spouse Race: White; Spouse Marital Status: Last marriage ended by divorce; Volume Number: 012 Certificate Number: 05581 Marriage License County: Henderson Volume Year: 1992
2) Calloway County, Kentucky:
1) Michael J Andis - Gender: Male; Race: White; Age: 27; Estimated birth year: 1960; Marriage Date: 10 Jan 1987; Marital Status: Never married; Residence County after Married: Calloway; Spouse: Deidra R Folsom; Spouse Age: 25; Spouse Race: White; Spouse Residence County: Calloway; Volume Number: 001 Certificate Number: 00172 Marriage License County: Calloway Volume Year: 1987
3) Calloway County, Kentucky:
1) Cindy D J Andis - Gender: Female; Race: White; Age: 16; Estimated birth year: 1963; Marriage Date: 4 Apr 197; Residence County: Jefferson; Residence County after Married: Hardin; Spouse: Albert J Blais; Spouse Age: 20; Spouse Race: White; Spouse Residence County: Hardin; Spouse Marital Status: Never married; Volume Number: 020 Certificate Number: 09651 Marriage License County: Jefferson Volume Year: 1979
1) Laclede Co, Missouri: Marriage of Henry Andis and Miss Sarah M Harris on 21 Nov 1869.
2) Jasper Co, Missouri: B D Andes and James Andes (infants) are buried in Carthage Cemetery.
3) St Louis Co, Missouri: Old Saint Marcus Cemetery: Maria Andis - Birth: 1858; Death: Sep. 14, 1859; Note: 1 year old.
1) Leflore County, Oklahoma: Marriage of Linda Jean Andis and Thomas Raper on 08 Feb 1976.
2) Tulsa County, Oklahoma: Marriage of Ethel Andis (25) and James F Thompson (25).
1) Portland Oregon: William Andis, age 72, died 16 October 1912 at the State Hospital in Oregon. He was admitted December 26, 1911. He was suffering from dementia and died of apoplexy and was buried in Portland, OR. It was recorded that he was born in Indiana. There is a possibility based on age and nativity that he is the son of Lilbourn and Mary Andis.
1) Kingsport Times 10 Nov 1949: Beryl Andis, Rt. 5, Kingsport was injured by a runaway steer and required emergency treatment.
2) Knoxville, Tennessee: JoAnn Andis, Knoxville, TN (born 19 May 1950; died 06 Apr 2002). Survivors include son Christopher Andis, grandchildren Brandon and Amber Andis, and mother Norma Miller
3) Fentress Co, Tennessee marriage:
Terry L Andis (21, son of Glenn Slaven(?)) to
Elizabeth Ann Gilbert (29, daughter of Ada Ross) on 03 Jan 1977 in Jamestown,
TN; both from Indianapolis, IN.
1) Houston and Grapevine, Texas: Helen Wanda B "Gracie" Andis, born March 4, 1909 in Houston, died June 16, 1999 in Grapevine, Tarrant, Texas.
2) Travis Co, Texas: Births:
1) Amber Lili Anna Andis born 08 Nov 1996 to Christopher Lee Andis and Magdalena M Luna. This may be related to the Dwight Leon Andis line.
3) Harris Co, Texas:
1) Thomas William II Heard born 23 Oct 1992 to Thomas William Heard and Stephanie Rene Andis.
Harris Co, Texas: Marriages:
1) Lana L Andis to David S Peterson 20 Jun 1981. Could this be Lana Lynn Andis, daughter of Jerry Andis and Linda May?
2) Stephanie R Andis to Thomas W Heard 04 Jul 1991
4) Hidalgo Co, Texas:
1) Brandon Lee Andis born 15 Feb 1995 to Christopher Lee Andis and Maria Magdalena Luna. This may be related to the Dwight Leon Andis line.
5) Tarrant Co, Texas:
1) Charrie Darslene Faulk born 28 Nov 1958 to Dillard Dee Faulk and Billie Anna Andis.
2) Quintin Dee Faulk born 01 Nov 1959 to Dillard Dee Faulk and Billie Anna Andis.
6) Grayson Co, Texas:
1) Bruce Kemp Rochelle born 05 Nov 1992 to James Randell Rochelle and Lesa Jane Andis.
7) Ector Co, Texas: Births:
1) Brandon Nichael Jones born 05 Feb 1994 to Jeff Allen Jones and Alison Lynn Andis.
2) Quentin Jeffrey Jones born 05 May 1997 to Jeffrey Allen Jones and Alison Lynn Andis.
3) Tyler Allen Jones born 02 Apr 1996 to Jeffrey Allen Jones and Alison Lynn Andis.
8) Dallas Co, Texas:
1) Deborah L Laird - 24 Jul 1951 - 24 Jul 1951, Dallas, Dallas, TX; parents: Jodie L Laird (born Forney TX) and Sallie Jo Andis (born Greenville, TX); buried Restland Cemetery, Dallas, Dallas, TX.
9) Cooke Co, Texas:
1) Thomas D Andis to Sharon S Whitted 05 Jan 1983
10) Rockwall Co, Texas:
1) Kassandra T Andis (see item #12 below) to Jeffrey A Smith 29 Sep 2001
11) Obituary: Raymond F Andis, Jr (died 08 Oct 2003). Survivors include parents Raymond and Joann Andis of Tulsa, wife, Marie, daughter Amanda Andis, son Donald Spencer Jr, sister Debbie Andis of Tulsa and brother Douglas Andis of Tulsa.
12) These people connect somehow to Richard Raymond Andis from our site: Kassandra Theresa Andis (born c. 1975 - see item #10 above), Brenda (Wohlleben?) Andis (born c. 1967), C Andis (born c. 1975) and Katrina Andis. At this time, we do not know the connection.
1) Lee Co, VA: Flanary Cemetery, Jonesville, VA tombstone of Mary Andis - marker states she is the daughter of L E & M L Tyler. Inscription includes "born Aug 25, 1886; died Oct 21, 19 __ (maybe 1939)". Her tombstone is near the marker of Robert Preston Andis.
2) Washington Co, VA: There is a James Andis born c. 1887 VA, age 23, living in the household of his mother-in-law Betsy Swatze. His wife is Mollie age 34 and daughter Laurie E. Andis c. 1908 VA.
Name: James Andis Age in 1910: 23 Estimated Birth Year: 1887 Birthplace: Virginia Relation to Head of House: Son-in-Law Father's Birth Place: Virginia Mother's Birth Place: Virginia Spouse's Name: Mollie Andis Home in 1910: Kinderhook, Washington, Virginia Marital Status: Married Race: White Gender: Male.